Skip to content
Version 1.2.0 (September 19, 2019)
- NEW: ‘Debug Model Files’ tool that combines NastPad’s existing functionality to check one or more Nastran models for missing/duplicate INCLUDE files, card syntax errors, and cross-referencing issues.
- NEW: ‘Cross-reference Model’ tool has a new ‘Secondary Duplicate’ check, mainly used for checking load cards for inadvertent issues. The dialog has a new layout and also has the ability to specify individual card types for cross-referencing, rather than just card families.
- The Model Tree has been re-worked to allow automatic refreshing of the INCLUDE file tree whenever a change is detected. In card mode, model refreshing is now faster. Also, a tree is only shown if the file is configured as a model file. Any files opened from a model tree are now automatically set as a model file regardless of their extension.
- Files in a model tree can now be commented/uncommented from the model tree context menu.
- All options in tool dialogs are now persisted between NastPad sessions. Also, scope options are now persisted independently for each dialog.
- Added icons to file editor tabs.
- Added option in Help menu to toggle LITE feature set for trial versions.
- BUG FIX: A couple of images were omitted when printing the help documentation.
Version 1.1.5 (July 2, 2019)
- BUG FIX: Syntax checking via the Card Helper dock window or the ‘Check Syntax’ tool would sometimes cause a crash. This only happened under very particular situations where cards had repeating fields followed by non-repeating fields across two lines.
Version 1.1.4 (June 20, 2019)
- Switching tabs now ensures the editor has keyboard focus so that it does not need to be clicked to start typing.
- Changed ‘Paste Cards’ shortcut from [Ctrl+Alt+v] to [Ctrl+Shift+v] as it was clashing with an existing block selection alternate paste action.
- Documented alternate Block selection copy & paste methods in the Help.
- Tweaked Find & Replace with scope ‘Current Selection’ to work with block selections (previously the entire lines the block selection touched were searched).
- BUG FIX: Block selection cut/copy actions incorrectly handled situations where lines of text contained tab characters and the selection extended beyond the end of the lines.
- BUG FIX: Re-opening a file from the model tree sometimes caused a crash.
Version 1.1.3 (June 16, 2019)
- Post message to user when attempting to block select with Line Wrapping mode on (which is not supported).
- Tweaked Search Dialog – Search Cards – Integer replacements to justify right by default.
- Tweaked regular expressions in default F06 parser for BEAM and some SHELL results, as they were not working properly.
- BUG FIX: Find/Replace Next in Search dialog caused Editor to go inactive (and hence the cursor selection). Editor now remains active.
- BUG FIX: regular expression numbered back-references with double digits were not handled quite as described in the Help documentation.
- BUG FIX: Enhanced regular expressions used in replace strings that did not contain back-references were not correctly handled.
Version 1.1.2 (May 31, 2019)
- NEW: ‘Paste cards’ action in the Edit menu that can take spreadsheet data from the clipboard and paste as formatted Nastran bulk data cards.
- NEW: Print button added to Help window that allows printing of the entire Help documentation.
- Cross-reference tool now posts a warning message if syntax issues were encountered during cross-referencing. Additionally, the model tree (in card mode) now highlights cards with syntax issues.
- Significant performance improvements when searching and highlighting a large number of matches in open files.
- Syntax highlighting now supports multi-line strings.
- BUG FIX: Card formatting (either converting with the ‘Modify files’ tool or exporting from the model tree) would incorrectly replace fields with character (char) data types as ‘********’.
- BUG FIX: Syntax errors were not reporting the type conversion error. The error messages should now match previous versions.
- BUG FIX: In Windows, some path strings in the ‘File Browser’ and ‘Model Tree’ dock windows used ‘/’ separators instead of ‘\’ separators. Also, cancelling the ‘Browse’ action in the ‘File Browser’ incorrectly cleared the root folder path.
Version 1.1.1 (May 5, 2019)
- Revised card libraries to add new cards and tweak existing cards to enable better syntax checking and cross-referencing.
- Improved Syntax checking and error reporting.
- Model Tree now represents ‘multi-definition’ cards, where a single bulk data entry can define more than one card (e.g. SPOINT or CORD1R). Cross-reference tool now also uses the multiple definitions.
- Tweaked Model Tree – Card Mode to prevent ‘phantom’ children, which occurred when cards referenced an ID of zero.
- Reinstated hotkeys for main menus.
- BUG FIX: Syntax checking of real number bounds in long format cards incorrectly showed errors for valid fields.
- BUG FIX: Replace strings for regular expressions with optional groups sometimes incorrectly returned “capture count mismatch!” error.
- BUG FIX: Line tags disappearing when Syntax Highlighting option enabled. Also fixed when a single line tag persisted after using “cut tagged” option.
- Miscellaneous UI improvements.
Version 1.1.0 (April 16, 2019)
- NEW: ‘Cross-reference Model’ tool to check for missing/duplicate/orphaned cards in Nastran models.
- NEW: ‘Parse Data from Files’ tool that can be used to extract data from Nastran result files and output to text (CSV) files or directly to a database.
- NEW: Model Tree dock window has a ‘card mode’ toggle button to cross-reference the model and display a tree-view of model cards.
- NEW: Model Tree dock window has an ‘Export’ button to allow exporting of tree/model data.
- NEW: Added option to ‘Modify Files’ tool to allow conversion of Nastran card formats.
- Improvements to Search:
- Automatically verify regular expressions in the Find Text.
- Enhanced expressions can now appear anywhere in the Find Text, and use multiple back-references (named or numbered).
- Support ‘\n’ and ‘\t’ in the ‘Replace With’ text and substitute with a new line and tab respectively.
- Special functions for Enhanced Regular Expression have been updated to support different card formats.
- Tweaked ‘Search in Cards’ regex’s to only capture the field text.
- Added default profile (used in Contents Viewer) for PCH files.
- Added ‘Next tab’ and ‘Previous tab’ View menu entries and shortcuts to aid tab navigation. Also, the File List dock window can now be traversed with the up/down keys.
- Tweaked cut/copy methods to remove mime types that did not paste well into other programs (Excel).
- ‘Check Syntax’ tool now available to Lite version with 10,000 card limit. The same 10,000 card/row limit applies to the Lite version in the new ‘Cross-reference Model’ and ‘Parse Data from Files’ tools, as well as the model cards displayed in the ‘Model Tree’ dock window.
- Tweaks to Card Helper to ensure it recognizes lower-case card names and embedded blank lines.
- Updates to Help documentation and Card libraries.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Version 1.0.3 (September 7, 2018)
- Added Linux installer package with installation script.
- Tweaks to Quick Find and Search dialog (Scope is now remembered and won’t change inadvertently).
- BUG FIX: External file change message incorrectly displayed after saving a file.
- BUG FIX: Reverting a file often caused program crash.
- BUG FIX: Portable version looking for .ini file in current directory instead of application directory.
- BUG FIX: Program crash when Contents Viewer visible and saving/switching new files.
- BUG FIX: Infinite loop when current line highlighting active with a model file and card at top of file.
Version 1.0.2 (September 4, 2018)
- Packaged MSC Nastran library and added option to specify path to libraries folder.
- Improved Quick Find shortcut to automatically search selected text in active editor. Can now also be selected from editor context menu.
- Search options (match case, regular expression, etc.) are now persisted between NastPad sessions. New user option to enable/disable this feature.
- File configuration options (read-only, model/results file) are now accessible through the ‘File’ menu in addition to the context menus in the MDI and File List dock window.
- Expanded user options to control application style (theme).
- Fixed some broken links in help files and updated for new options.
- Added Linux build (x86_64 architecture only, with limited testing).
Version 1.0.1 (July 1, 2018)
- Fixed bug in ‘Options -> File -> Line Endings:’ where selecting the ‘Windows (CR+LF)’ option had no effect and always saved files with ‘Linux/Unix (LF)’ line endings.
- Added new ‘Options -> File -> File Saving:’ to allow configuration of safe file saving mode (version 1.0.0 hard-coded the ‘Prefer use safe mode’ option, but it can now also be strictly enforced, or disabled altogether). See help documentation for more information.
- More reliable ‘check for updates’ and ‘start trial’ web requests.
- Improvements to MSI package.
Version 1.0.0 (June 21, 2018)